Thursday, August 21, 2008

ONE TRIBE ONE FAMILY

We are 1 tribe, 1 family and i think it is of the upmost importance that we all treat each other as
family and as equals. I believe that many Mohegans are just starting to see each other as 1
family again. I also believe it is the biggest responsibility of the Council of Elders to see to it that
we heal the family and that we become 1 tribe, 1 people,1 family. That being Mohegans, we
must stand for respecting each other as equals and we must treat all Mohegans with the same
dignity and respect. No Mohegan is more Mohegan than another Mohegan. We all come from the
same family and I imagine our ancestors would want us to love each other. I'm sure our Great
Great Great Grandparents would hope tha ALL of their Great Great Great Grandchildren
would someday have a better life not just some of them. I am descendent of Uncas. Am I less his
family than any other descendent of Uncas? I can't imagine how i could be. We are ALL family,
we are ALL Mohegan, we are ALL one people, one tribe, one family. It's time we all acted like it
and made being Mohegan something we ALL can be proud of. Let the Mohegan tribe be known
for loving each other, respecting each other, and treating each other as equals and family.

No comments: