Friday, September 12, 2008

"NOTHING BUT THE FAX"

IN AUGUST, CHAIRMAN BRUCE "TWO DOGS" BOZSUM CAME TO FORT HILL ELDER HOUSING TO ADDRESS THE CAMERA SECURITY CONCERNS AT FORT HILL.

AS A MEMBER OF THE FORT HILL TENANT ASSOCIATION, I LEFT THE AUGUST MEETING WITH THE THOUGHT THAT CHAIRMAN BOZSUM WAS GOING TO GET FORT HILL ELDER HOUSING A FAX MACHINE. IT WOULD BE ATTACHED TO THE ELDER HOUSING COMMUNITY COMPUTER LOCATED IN GATHERING ROOM.

IN MY OPINION, THE ELDERS AT FORT HILL ELDER HOUSING HAVE BEEN UNJUSTLY DENIED ACCESS TO THE FAX COPIER BY A POLICY ESTABLISHED THAT ONLY ALLOWS THE ELDERS TO USE THE FAX/ COPIER, LOCKED BEHIND THE DOOR, BEHIND THE RECEPTION DESK, DURING BUSINESS HOURS WHICH ARE MONDAY TO FRIDAY 8:00 A.M. TO 4:00P.M.

THE TRIBAL GOVERNMENT, I HAVE BEEN TOLD HAVE A STORAGE AREA IN THE GOVERNMENT BUILDING THAT HAS OLD FAX MACHINES. THESE FAX MACHINES WE NO LONGER USE. MAYBE WE COULD USE ONE OF THOSE AT FORT HILL.

THE CHAIRMAN HAS TOLD ME SEVERAL TIMES THAT HE WOULD PURCHASE ONE WITH HIS OWN MONEY. IF THAT IS TRUE AND WE DO NOT HAVE ONE IN STORAGE FOR THE RESIDENTS OF FORT HILL ELDER HOUSING, THEN MAY I SUGGEST THAT THERE IS ONE AT THE BEST BUY STORE. IT IS A BROTHERS MFC-240C FAX MACHINE. IT LISTS FOR $99.99, ON SALE FOR $49.99. TO GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS: HOW ABOUT GETTING THE TENANTS OF FORT HILL A FAX/COPIER?

ON ANOTHER FRONT AT FORT HILL THE LAST TWO NIGHTS THE OUTSIDE LIGHTS ON THE SOUTH EAST CORNER OF THE BUILDING HAVE NOT GONE ON UNTIL BETWEEN 9:00 P.M. AND 9:30 P.M. I WAS TOLD THAT AN ELECTRICIAN HAD COME TO FORT HILL AND DID NOT HAVE A COMPUTER TO FIX THE PROBLEM. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. THE TRIBAL SECURITY CAME AND USED THE LIGHT BAR ON TOP OF ONE OF ITS CARS TO SHINE ON THE AREA IN QUESTION. THE LIGHTS WENT OFF AT 1:00 A.M.

THE TRIBAL COUNCIL, HOUSING AUTHORITY AND THE HOUSING MANAGER NEED TO BE MORE VIGILANT IN PROTECTING THE TENANTS OF FORT HILL. WE HAVE A SAGAMORE FALL DOWN INTO THE ABYSS, THESE LIGHTS OUT IN THE FRONT OF THE BUILDING AND IN MY OPINION AN INADEQUATE CAMERA SECURITY SYSTEM.

EDITORIAL FOOTNOTE: PLEASE CHECK PREVIOUS ARTICLES: "TRIBAL GOVERNMENT REPORT CARD" AND "SECURITY CONCERNS AT FORT HILL ELDER HOUSING."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are missing a few screws, befoe I did all that crying about that fax machine I think I would have got in to those little tight pockets of yours and pulled out $49.00 and bought it myself ,all you do is whine jeff bozsum in s.c. cry me a river

Autumn Rain Eyes said...

I think it would be more 'peaceful' if others would leave comments that consist of calm, polite remarks. I am surprised by some of these comments, Especially by some of who have been 'friends' for years and have always believed in our Members speaking out for each others rights. If I remember correctly, Many of us stood together, Some of these commenters, Even some of the people who are now leading, way back in the beginning, we stood together, handed out petitions, and signs and information about fairness among each other with the tribe, right at the tribal meetings! Before the computer communication was so popular. I am just surprised that people will 'turn their backs on' the truth, after they have gotten what they want. IT doesnt make sense. The truth doesnt just go out of style. It hurts my heart to read negative comments. People should really be ashamed of themselves and think about that. Tabunti.

PS Why should you have to buy a FAX machine? I mean I understand, if you could afford it... And if you want to, thats okay, but Why should you? If they can afford it more? Its like me being expected to purchase lighting fixtures for Tribal Housing. Maybe I could fit it into my budget... But I really cant afford it, and why should I? If they have it in their budget? Besides, that isnt the point the article is trying to make.