Thursday, April 9, 2009

THEY DID IT AGAIN

Who did what? What happened? Do you know?

I have been told that allegedly in the new Wuskuso, (a tribal publication that will come out this weekend), that one of the articles is about the new Freedom of Information Ordinance 2009-35.

The new Freedom of Information Ordinance 2009-35 replaces the old Freedom of Information Ordinance 2009-24 which was canceled by the Tribal Council of the Mohegan Tribe about two weeks ago, after about 40 tribal members signed a petition against ( rescind) it. I have been told that petition was never mentioned in the any publication of the tribe. If that is true, how come it was never mentioned?

Tribal members again rose to the occasion and filed another petition to rescind the new ordinance (Freedom of Information Ordinance) 2009-35. According to an Election Committee member, the petition was accepted by the Election Committee and was sent to the Tribal Council. The Constitution of the Mohegan Tribe requires the Tribal Council to send out for a vote by tribal members to decide if they want Ordinance 2009-35 rescinded (canceled). This is supposed to happen according to the Mohegan Constitution within 60 days of receipt of the petition from the Election Committee.

In my opinion, the Tribal Council looks out of touch with the wishes and desires of the Mohegan membership. . Here, we have the Tribal Council supposedly telling the membership in the tribe's publications about this great law they created. .Before Mohegan Tribal members get to read the publications, it has already been rescinded by the membership. Members by signing the petition have shown their distaste for the law (2009-35). Will the tribal publications tell the membership of the petition?

Does the Tribal Council look foolish? Does the Tribal Council look out of touch with the wishes of the Mohegan Tribe? Are they (the Tribal Council) doing the will of the people? What kind of government keeps doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different outcome? Will the Tribal Council now cancel 2009-35? Should we (the Mohegan Tribe) remember this at election time? How hard is it for the Tribal Council to do the will of the people? Do you know?

Thirty Eight Mohegan Tribal members signed a petition to do away with (rescind) the new Freedom of Information Ordinance (2009-35). Will 2009-35 be canceled by the Tribal Council next? Will the Tribal Council let the Mohegan Tribe vote on this issue? Will the Tribal Council again create another new Freedom of Information Ordinance to replace 2009-35? Do you know? What do you think?

1 comment:

Autumn Rain Eyes said...

TABUTNI
'THEY," may have all the money, but I have a true love affair with TREES...
They may have all the power, But I have a Higher Power, They may want to tell me to be quiet, But My heart speaks the truth.
They may have more food, heat, and a better car than I, BUT I have the gift of nature in my backyard, warm, caring hugs to give to Everyone, and a skip in my jump when I walk proudy with my head held high.
Yes, They may SEEM to have it all, but I am content to wait patiently...
For My Gifts are not here on earth, but they are waiting for me at the end of my trail of tears, and for that I am "Thankful!"