Friday, January 8, 2010

SNOW STORMS CONNECTICUT STYLE

During the Blizzard of 2009, I went to New York to help my family. I helped with the digging out. In New York we got about 24 to 27 inches of snow. In Connecticut it was estimated about twenty (20) inches.

An Insider, of the Mohegan Tribal government, gave me this interesting story, which I would like to tell you about

The incident happened on Shantok Road, Uncasville, Connecticut.

It is alleged that a Mohegan Public Works Truck, was backing out of a driveway on Shantok Road and hit a car driving on Shantok Road. The house allegedly belonged to one of the sons of a Mohegan Tribal Council member. It has been alleged that the driveway was being plowed by the Mohegan Tribal Public Works truck.

A government official is saying the truck was only turning around in the driveway. One tribal member told me, "If you believe that, I have a bridge in New York to sell you cheap, it's called the "Brooklyn Bridge?"

We are told that the vehicle that was struck by the Public Works truck sustained extensive damage.

Is this true? I don't know. I do believe the incident should be investigated and if this did happen the Tribal Councilor and whoever in Public Works was involved should be dealt with. If it happened, it is an abuse of Power and Mohegan Tribal government funds.

Did this Happen? How much is this costing the Mohegan Tribe? Are there Good Standings proceedings coming from this incident? I hope not. What do you think?

4 comments:

Anthony said...

I'll answer your question, no it is not true. i think you are an idiot who listened to another idiot. i have been told that my driveway was used apparently by the man in the plow to turn around in. i , unlike your source am not afraid to take care of myself and my property, unlike your source that relys totally on MT for everything. please post. Anthony

Anonymous said...

Be a reporter. Get the driver of the car's name from the police report. Ask the driver if the Public Works vehicle was plowing. Then report the answer on the blog.

Anonymous said...

Good questions. I hope nobody was hurt. I could've used a little help myself.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
This should not be swept under the rug and should be fully investigated.
If there is no problem then there is no problem. If there is a real concern here then policies should be reviewed and upheld. These types of stories keep surfacing - now is the time to nip it in the bud.

Anonymous said...

I think there are alot of concerns with the Pubic Saftey dept. What about the FD on 24 hour shifts? The only dept that gets paid to sleep. What do they do on a busy night and dont get a nap in. Is it safe for them to be driving that million dollar ladder truck or any apparatus for that matter? I dont think so. Everyone would love to work 24 hours, be off for 72 hours and get paid to sleep 7 hours a night. Where is the fairness? And where did they find that Chief? Send him packing... Along with a few others that rape us on a daily basis. HELLO people, wake up and see what's going on.