Monday, January 26, 2009

THE DAY

On Sunday morning, January 25, 2009, i awoke, climbed out of bed and headed for the front door to get my Sunday copy of the New London Day. Sticking out from under my front door was a note. It said, "Aquy!! You're in the news, C. section David Collins."

I opened my front door and got the paper and turned to the C section. I said, "oh, my God." I set down on my sofa and read the article, continuing to say "oh, my God." "This is not good." I called a friend and said have you seen the paper. He said no. I told him what it said, His response as I read the article was, "Oh, my God."

My friend came over to take me to the Intertribal Social in the Mohegan Sun's Uncas Ballroom. He said let me see that article. I gave it to him. He set down on my love seat next to my patio door and proceeded to read. He said, "this is not good." Then he said, "let's get going to the social." I was a little hesitant to go. He said, "you haven't done anything wrong." So off we went.

At the social, what I received was a lot of support for what I am doing. People seemed responsive because of the way our (the Mohegan) tribe is being treated by its" government. I was glad I went. I am sure some people were not happy I was there.

When I arrived home on Sunday night, I looked over at the paper and said, "oh, my God." .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I BET MOST PEOPLE ARE SAYING OH MY GOD NOT THAT JERK AGAIN

Anonymous said...

then why keep writing if you are worried? thought you were proud to be posting this stuff?

Anonymous said...

You have done nothing wrong, if anything your doing everything right and your courage is going to inspire more Tribal member's to come forward and express themselves. We have rights as members and I think we are beginning to be heard. Isn't it ironic that in the middle of this economic crisis some good is coming out of it. the Tribal officials can no longer hide under the Sun's umbrella of financial security and the power that it brings with it. They are being exposed and when you don't do the right thing you get caught.